Monday, December 20, 2010

Lord, make me thankful



Monday's are reserved for a list of gratitude,
I was reminded of my needing to be thankful yesterday as I fell prey to homesickness and comparison. Forgive me Lord, and help me to remember Deut. 8:2 "that he might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, that you may know that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord."

friends that remain close despite life's many changes
my mother's diligence
my father's abundant gifts finding their way into my pockets
children's excitement over the progression of gift opening
snow flurries that sweep the pavement while we drive
the story of our vision bringing tears anew
a daughter's first
my son's words "Mommy you are so pretty" as I put on old flannel pajamas
a place to go on Friday's
anticipation of the coming week

I am praying that God will help me to enjoy this week of Christmas as I thank Him for the many things he has provided.

Deut. 8:18 "You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is is he who gives you power to get wealth"

1 comment: